- FBN HOLDINGS PLC – REMEDIATING THE PAST, REINVIGORATED TO UNLOCK VALUE.
- DIAMOND BANK PHOTONEWS
- Stanbic IBTC introduces Nigeria’s first instant online account opening service
- Diamond Bank Strengthens Growth in Q1 2017…Asset base jumps to N2.07trn
- GTBank Releases Q1 2017 Unaudited Results …….. Reports Profit before Tax of ₦50.39Billion
- Stanbic IBTC pledges to change perception of insurance industry
- Benefits of financial knowledge among youth – Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Stanbic IBTC highlights role of employers in pension scheme
- Global Communications Firm Hires P+ Measurement Services To Provide Media Monitoring Service in Ghana Market.
- Stanbic IBTC announces Key Executive Appointments:
Shagari’s Family Denies Endorsing Jonathan
The family of former Nigerian President Shehu Shagari has debunked a statement credited to the elder statesman that he has endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan for second term.
In a statement released by one of the ex-president’s sons, Muhammad Bala Shagari, the family frowned at the report concorted by a pro-Jonathan newspaper that claimed that Mr. Shagari had endorsed the incumbent president and condemned Muhammadu Buhari’s candidature as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
According to the statement, “I’d like to inform the general public and concerned citizens of this country that the speech that was credited to His Excellency Alhaji Shehu Shagari, GCFR (Turakin Sokoto) by some media agencies and online news blogs in which His Excellency was reported to have endorsed President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and commending his government for some achievements is nothing but a blatant lie. And we’ve condemned it in strong terms,” said the former president’s son.
He added: “It is pertinent to note that Alhaji Shehu Shagari is not a card-carrying member of any political party neither [does he] support the candidature of any politician. Alhaji Shehu Shagari was for long retired from partisan politics, he’s known for his proven integrity and [reputation as a] distinguished nationalist and elder statesman who treats every Nigerian/politician equally irrespective of his/her political party, tribe, ethnicity or religion.
“Therefore, Alhaji Shehu Shagari has never ever issued any press statement [or granted] audience [to] any media agency to comment on the forthcoming elections or to speak of any politician, be it president or not.
“We therefore urge the general public to regard such publication as mere fabrications and concoctions aimed to tarnish the good image of Alhaji Shehu Shagari”.