- FBN HOLDINGS PLC – REMEDIATING THE PAST, REINVIGORATED TO UNLOCK VALUE.
- DIAMOND BANK PHOTONEWS
- Stanbic IBTC introduces Nigeria’s first instant online account opening service
- Diamond Bank Strengthens Growth in Q1 2017…Asset base jumps to N2.07trn
- GTBank Releases Q1 2017 Unaudited Results …….. Reports Profit before Tax of ₦50.39Billion
- Stanbic IBTC pledges to change perception of insurance industry
- Benefits of financial knowledge among youth – Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Stanbic IBTC highlights role of employers in pension scheme
- Global Communications Firm Hires P+ Measurement Services To Provide Media Monitoring Service in Ghana Market.
- Stanbic IBTC announces Key Executive Appointments:
UNION BANK SPREADS CHEER THIS FESTIVE SEASON
Union Bank has embarked on its 2019UnionCares charity drive, spreading cheerto the less privileged, and putting smiles on the faces of thousands across the country. This is in line with the financial institution’s commitment to support the communities within which it operates.
UnionCaresis an annual initiative jointly sponsored and carried out by Union Bank and its employees,to give back to the society. This year,7,500 care bags containing staple food itemswere distributed to people livingin underservedcommunities nationwide.
The Bank also made financial donations to a total of 60Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)in support of their activities.Some of the recipientsincludeZinnok Initiatives for Women and Children, Abia; Ishiba Development and Empowerment Centre, Abuja; Naza Agape Foundation, Plateau and Wesley Schools for the Hearing impaired, Lagos.
TheBank’s Head of Corporate Communication and Marketing, Ogochukwu Ekezie-Ekaidem described the exercise as one of the waysin which the Banksupports charitable causes and contributes to the wellbeing of the needy, particularly during the festive season.
According to her;
“UnionBank has a strong legacy of supporting the communities we serve. We remain focused on leading the charge for social responsibility and impact, an outlook that underpinsour choice of Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
OurUnionCares initiative gives us the opportunity to touch as many lives as possible during the festive season and it is rewarding to see the level of impact the initiative has created.”
Since its inception in 2016, UnionCares has come to be regarded as a viable platform which supports the less privileged in the society.
In 2018, Union Bank received the ‘Peoples’ Choice Award for theMost Outstanding Company in CSR/Sustainability’ at theSustainability, Enterprise and Responsibility Awards (SERAS), and emerged 2nd Runner up in the Most Responsible Company award category at SERAS 2019,underscoring Union Bank’s role as a socially conscious organisation, actively supporting its host communities.