- FBN HOLDINGS PLC – REMEDIATING THE PAST, REINVIGORATED TO UNLOCK VALUE.
- DIAMOND BANK PHOTONEWS
- Stanbic IBTC introduces Nigeria’s first instant online account opening service
- Diamond Bank Strengthens Growth in Q1 2017…Asset base jumps to N2.07trn
- GTBank Releases Q1 2017 Unaudited Results …….. Reports Profit before Tax of ₦50.39Billion
- Stanbic IBTC pledges to change perception of insurance industry
- Benefits of financial knowledge among youth – Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Stanbic IBTC highlights role of employers in pension scheme
- Global Communications Firm Hires P+ Measurement Services To Provide Media Monitoring Service in Ghana Market.
- Stanbic IBTC announces Key Executive Appointments:
Union Bank Named ‘2019 Advertiser of the Year’
Union Bank has been named ‘Advertiser of the Year’ by CHINI Africa, Cannes Lions Official Festival representative in Nigeria and organisers of the annual Creativity Week. The Bank also received the Bronze category award for ‘Integrated Marketing Campaign’ of the Year.
The awards were officially presented at the 2019 Pitcher awards ceremony, in recognition of the brand’s creativity in the development of impressive advertising campaigns; particularly the ‘Clear Your Doubt’ campaign with its popular tagline – Don’t be an Uncle Thomas, and the more recent ‘Enabling Success’ Television Commercial.
Both campaigns received wide acclaim from advertising professionals, customers and the general public. The commercial which communicated strong themes of introspection, perseverance, healing and hope of a better future for Nigeria, also emerged the most watched Nigerian Commercial on Youtube in 2018 with over 2.7million views.
Receiving the awards, the Head of Corporate Communications and Marketing, Ogochukwu Ekezie-Ekaidem said;
“Our brand is an essential part of our identity and we are truly honoured to be recognized as ‘Advertiser of the Year’. We are pleased that our campaigns continue to resonate deeply with audiences across Nigeria and beyond.
Union Bank’s goal was to elevate the voice of the everyday Nigerian for whom we have enabled success for over 100 years, and we thank CHINI Africa and the general public for acknowledging our efforts.”
The Pitcher Awards is an annual event organised to celebrate and honour outstanding works from West and Central Africa in various categories including film, print, design, media, PR and digital. According to a statement by CHINI Africa, “the awards are designed to inspire creative excellence in marketing communications and help provide international recognition for the work, companies and people behind them.”
During the just concluded Creativity Week, Union Bank also partnered with CHINI Africa to host the ‘Creating a Better Africa’ (CBA) programme, a conference designed to inspire social purpose, sustainability practices and also to promote creativity as a catalyst for
development across Africa.
During the 3-day conference, Mrs. Ekezie-Ekaidem served as the Chair of CBA, delivering an insightful presentation on ‘How brands can play a role in the United Nation’s SDGs’ while Thomas Kolster, renowned international speaker and author of ‘Goodvertising’ featured as the keynote speaker.