- FBN HOLDINGS PLC – REMEDIATING THE PAST, REINVIGORATED TO UNLOCK VALUE.
- DIAMOND BANK PHOTONEWS
- Stanbic IBTC introduces Nigeria’s first instant online account opening service
- Diamond Bank Strengthens Growth in Q1 2017…Asset base jumps to N2.07trn
- GTBank Releases Q1 2017 Unaudited Results …….. Reports Profit before Tax of ₦50.39Billion
- Stanbic IBTC pledges to change perception of insurance industry
- Benefits of financial knowledge among youth – Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Stanbic IBTC highlights role of employers in pension scheme
- Global Communications Firm Hires P+ Measurement Services To Provide Media Monitoring Service in Ghana Market.
- Stanbic IBTC announces Key Executive Appointments:
Senate President Saraki ‘Tactically’ Delaying Corruption Trial To Avoid Final Consequences, Says CCT Chairman | TheCable
Danladi Umar, chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), says Senate President Bukola Saraki is tactically delaying his trial to avoid “final consequences”.
Umar made this statement while addressing Saraki’s lawyers on Tuesday.
Speaking on the cross-examination of the prosecution witness by Saraki’s lawyers, the CCT chairman directed them to ask straight questions and to avoid technicalities.
”When you are asking a witness, go straight to the point. You don’t have to find your way of distorting the witness. This is delaying us. You are a senior lawyer, I don’ t want you to do that kind of tactics to delay the matter. We assure you that whatever happens, we are going to be fair,” he said.
“But it seems you are employing tactical delay to avoid final consequences.
“Don’t be afraid. I’m a gentleman.”
Reacting to the statement of the chairman, Kanu Agabi, Saraki’s lead counsel, said: “We are actually afraid of the final consequences. We really are, and all that we are doing is because we are scared of the final consequences.
“Now, it is time for us to disabuse the minds of the court. Please bear with us. We are not worried about the law. We are worried about the prejudice. We are not afraid of you. I pray for you everyday that your lordship sits here for many more years.”