- FBN HOLDINGS PLC – REMEDIATING THE PAST, REINVIGORATED TO UNLOCK VALUE.
- DIAMOND BANK PHOTONEWS
- Stanbic IBTC introduces Nigeria’s first instant online account opening service
- Diamond Bank Strengthens Growth in Q1 2017…Asset base jumps to N2.07trn
- GTBank Releases Q1 2017 Unaudited Results …….. Reports Profit before Tax of ₦50.39Billion
- Stanbic IBTC pledges to change perception of insurance industry
- Benefits of financial knowledge among youth – Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Stanbic IBTC highlights role of employers in pension scheme
- Global Communications Firm Hires P+ Measurement Services To Provide Media Monitoring Service in Ghana Market.
- Stanbic IBTC announces Key Executive Appointments:
Ogundokun congratulates Saraki
A Peoples Democratic Party’s leader and elder statesman, Chief Abiola Ogundokun, has congratulated Senator Bukola Saraki, on emerging the Senate President.
In a congratulatory message, Ogundokun saluted Saraki’s courage for standing up for his rights to contest the senate presidency despite opposing position by some leaders of his political party, the All Progressives Congress.
The former National Publicity Secretary of the defunct National Party of Nigeria (NPN) said Saraki tested his popularity and proved that he would be able to sustain good legacies of his late father, Senator Olushola Saraki, who was the Senate leader between 1979 and 1983.
According to him: “Some elements within the Yoruba leadership betrayed your late father to become the President during the Second Republic but as God will prove himself mightier than the mortals you were able to achieve the feat today. I congratulate you and I congratulate Nigeria as God has used your colleagues in the National Assembly to provide a platform for you to apply your God-given skills and talents to make the big difference the upper chamber needs at this critical period.
“Many of us that believe in your leadership style know your tenure as Senate President, no doubt, will complement the much awaited change that this great nation is looking forward to get from the executive arm of government. In your past leadership positions, including the chairman of the Governors’ Forum and as governor of Kwara State you have proved yourself to be capable and to be always in charge. So, once again accept my congratulations and good wishes.”
High Chief Abiola Ogundokun.