- FBN HOLDINGS PLC – REMEDIATING THE PAST, REINVIGORATED TO UNLOCK VALUE.
- DIAMOND BANK PHOTONEWS
- Stanbic IBTC introduces Nigeria’s first instant online account opening service
- Diamond Bank Strengthens Growth in Q1 2017…Asset base jumps to N2.07trn
- GTBank Releases Q1 2017 Unaudited Results …….. Reports Profit before Tax of ₦50.39Billion
- Stanbic IBTC pledges to change perception of insurance industry
- Benefits of financial knowledge among youth – Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Stanbic IBTC highlights role of employers in pension scheme
- Global Communications Firm Hires P+ Measurement Services To Provide Media Monitoring Service in Ghana Market.
- Stanbic IBTC announces Key Executive Appointments:
Ngige flags off campaign
AS the people of Anambra State count down to the forthcoming governorship election, supporters of Senator Chris Nwabueze Ngige and stakeholders of good governance are getting set for the November 16 race.
The supporters gathered in his campaign office, Awka, the state capital, recently to review, reposition and look for possible means of ensuring that the rights and will of the people are adhered to.
Dr. Ngige, they say, is the best among the rest and needs to return to Government House in next year.
Daily Sun reports that Ngige officially announced that he would flag off his campaign on Saturday, September 28.
At the gathering, issues bordering on the election were brought to the front-burner. Top on the list is the double candidacy of the opposition party, which some considered as tricky and unhealthy for good democracy. They further considered it as one of the tricks of the opposition to impose a government that is against the will of the people. According to them, Dr. Ngige is the best among all the candidates eyeing the number one seat of the state because he has been tried and tested, adding that he can be trusted with the destiny of the citizens.
They said that Ngige, who was adjudged well-performed governor of the state between 2003 and 2006, has to return to Government House on November 16 so he can use his vast experience to bring meaningful life and sanity to Anambra State. According to them, Anambra at the moment is epileptic and needs emergency surgery to bring about the long-desired wish of the people.
Responding to the confidence reposed in him, Senator Ngige thanked them for their consistent support, trust and confidence in him, saying records are available to show that he has not betrayed or failed them in the past.
He, however, assured all that he will continue to spend his time, money and energy to provide the basic amenities that will make the change they desire come to fruition, even as he disclosed that he is regarded as the truly-trusted and tested choice of the Anambra people because he has not disappointed them at any point of his career, political or otherwise.
On the double candidacy of the opposition, he said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) promised to stop one of the candidates, positing that his party, All Progressives Congress (APC) will take up the issue if INEC does not live up to its assurance.