- FBN HOLDINGS PLC – REMEDIATING THE PAST, REINVIGORATED TO UNLOCK VALUE.
- DIAMOND BANK PHOTONEWS
- Stanbic IBTC introduces Nigeria’s first instant online account opening service
- Diamond Bank Strengthens Growth in Q1 2017…Asset base jumps to N2.07trn
- GTBank Releases Q1 2017 Unaudited Results …….. Reports Profit before Tax of ₦50.39Billion
- Stanbic IBTC pledges to change perception of insurance industry
- Benefits of financial knowledge among youth – Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Stanbic IBTC highlights role of employers in pension scheme
- Global Communications Firm Hires P+ Measurement Services To Provide Media Monitoring Service in Ghana Market.
- Stanbic IBTC announces Key Executive Appointments:
GTBank Market Cap BIGGER Than Smallest Ten Banks; 15 Banks Trading in Nigeria
On pure market cap on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), GTBank remains the most dominant financial institution in Nigeria. From Cable data, closing on Dec 31 2018, you can see that GTBank can trade the ten “smallest” banks, based on market cap, with its market cap [sure, deals include premiums; this is pure academic here].
We have 15 banks trading on NSE; GTBank commands 26% of the total bank value, by market cap. GTBank is worth one trillion naira; the smallest bank, Unity Bank, is worth 12.5 billion naira.
Written by Ndubuisi Ekekwe
Firs published on- https://www.tekedia.com/gtbank-market-cap-bigger-than-smallest-ten-banks-15-banks-trading-in-nigeria/