- FBN HOLDINGS PLC – REMEDIATING THE PAST, REINVIGORATED TO UNLOCK VALUE.
- DIAMOND BANK PHOTONEWS
- Stanbic IBTC introduces Nigeria’s first instant online account opening service
- Diamond Bank Strengthens Growth in Q1 2017…Asset base jumps to N2.07trn
- GTBank Releases Q1 2017 Unaudited Results …….. Reports Profit before Tax of ₦50.39Billion
- Stanbic IBTC pledges to change perception of insurance industry
- Benefits of financial knowledge among youth – Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Stanbic IBTC highlights role of employers in pension scheme
- Global Communications Firm Hires P+ Measurement Services To Provide Media Monitoring Service in Ghana Market.
- Stanbic IBTC announces Key Executive Appointments:
2019 GTBank Lagos Intl Polo: Almat Farms out-galloped Caverton in Open Cup
…All eyes on Oba of Lagos Cup clash
Argentine five-goaler Andre Crespo was the star performer as Almat Farms defeated Caverton Sao Polo11-4 in the Open Cup as the first week of the 2019 GTBank Lagos International Polo Tournament approaches its crucial stage.
Both teams are on handicap 14 but it was Almat that showed the grit and determination to carry the day and they were justly rewarded as they won all the five chukkas of a fiercely-contested game. Almat made good use of seven-goaler Chris Makenzie as the Lagos team struggled to keep pace with the visitors.
Although Caverton who has Argentine duo of Tomas Llorente and Diego Whyte, both seven and six goalers respectively put up a tough challenge in the first two chukkas but the team – completed by captain Rotimi Makanjuola and Seyi Oyinlolaputs fizzled out as the game progressed.
Crespo’s mercurial skill played huge difference in the game as highlighted in the third chukka where he brought the crowd on its feet with a cut shot after setting himself free in the midst of Caverton players.
Markenzie scored a similar incredible goal as he finished off a solo move with a diagonal backhand shot from about 40 yards. Jamilu Ishaku also had a couple of goals to put Almats in a strong position for the final.
Crespo got the tenth goal which was the first double figure scoreline recorded in this year’s tournament.
In the Silver Cup, Lagos Machines, Kaduna Tila Farms and Ibadan Jericho all look strong to clinch spots in the semifinals after winning their opening games.
Friday’s fixtures will see Kano Nakudu confront Tila Farms while Port Harcourt Strata Base and Kano Ibah would plot each other’s fall in a bid to sneak into the last four.
Almat would then take to the field to seal confirm their superiority in the Open Cup as they face Trapcco with their mindset on Sunday’s final in the Open Cup. But before then, Saturday’s games would be rounded off with the Caverton Sao Polo and A+ Renmoney/Bluechip targeting the glamorous Oba of Lagos Cup.