- FBN HOLDINGS PLC – REMEDIATING THE PAST, REINVIGORATED TO UNLOCK VALUE.
- DIAMOND BANK PHOTONEWS
- Stanbic IBTC introduces Nigeria’s first instant online account opening service
- Diamond Bank Strengthens Growth in Q1 2017…Asset base jumps to N2.07trn
- GTBank Releases Q1 2017 Unaudited Results …….. Reports Profit before Tax of ₦50.39Billion
- Stanbic IBTC pledges to change perception of insurance industry
- Benefits of financial knowledge among youth – Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Stanbic IBTC highlights role of employers in pension scheme
- Global Communications Firm Hires P+ Measurement Services To Provide Media Monitoring Service in Ghana Market.
- Stanbic IBTC announces Key Executive Appointments:
20 Budding Nigerian Writers Make it to Next Stage of The GTBank Dusty Manuscript Contest
After spending several weeks poring over more than 1000 stories submitted for the Dusty Manuscript Contest, the judges of the competition have selected their top 20 entries.
The selected entries are:
Devil‘s Pawn by Kukogho Iruesiri Samson
Home to the hill by Eunice Ekelaka
Sambisa by Mohammed, Fatima Aliko
The Smell of rain by Nneoma Otuegbe
Omon by Henri Yeri
The Orchid Protocol Onochie Emeka Onyekwena
Love Unexpected by Pailyin John
Children of the Night by Chimaobi Olayinka Ahuekwe
Giants by Adeyinka Isioye
The Fugitive by Chidubem Akala
Kamalu’s Symphony by Hayzard Solum
The Kidnapping by Oputuboye T.J. Krukrubo
Hues of the Sun by Ally Oyedokun, Maryam Wuraola
In the Half-Dark by Ayosojumi Adeniyi Akinsanya
Book of Lost Words by Ikechukwu Nwaogu
Secrets beyond the Red Gate by Sylvia Ozomena
Lyrics by Adejoke Olamuyiwa
The Other Side of Truth by Nnema Anieto
Identity by Victor Oladutemu
The Way We Do It Here Now by Onyeka Ibe
The judges, which include renowned authors Eghosa Imasuen, Yejide Kilanko and Toni Kan, as well as an Assistant Professor of English Language Dr Ainehi Edoro-Glines, carefully selected the top 20 entries based on originality, language, grammar, narrative strength, coherence and dramatic intensity.
Throughout the selection process, the judges were not made aware of the identities of contestants, and the authors of the 20 shortlisted entries will remain anonymous until the winner of the contest emerges.
The authors of the shortlisted manuscripts will now proceed to a 2-day Writers Boot Camp where they will interact with and learn from accomplished authors on the art and business of writing.
Organized in partnership with publishing houses Okadabooks and Farafina, The Dusty Manuscript Contest is part of GTBank’s YouREAD initiative, which is aimed at promoting the culture of reading and inspiring the next generation of award-winning and globally renowned authors.
To read excerpts of shortlisted manuscripts visit: